Are you having a difficult time in bed? Can you guess why? Perhaps you have performance anxiety, or is it because of erectile dysfunction?
We are here today to help you distinguish the difference between Performance anxiety and Erectile dysfunction. These two conditions can affect your sex life. You may find that you don’t feel comfortable having sex if you are worried about your performance. It can lead to stress and anxiety. In addition, you may have performance anxiety if you fear that you will not perform well. You might be worried that your performance will be inadequate.
What is ED?
Erectile Dysfunction is not common among young men. It is most likely to happen among older men. It can be caused by blood vessels, nerves, or hormone problems. It is important to remember that erectile dysfunction is not a sign of sexual inadequacy. Many men experience problems with erections. It is estimated that about 30% of men experience erectile dysfunction. In the early years of marriage, many men suffer from it. Erectile dysfunction may be temporary or permanent. It means that it can happen anytime to anyone.
Causes of ED:
- Low testosterone
- Type 2 Diabetes
Symptoms of ED:
- Problems with blood vessels, nerves, or hormones
- Difficulty getting and maintaining an erection
- Lack of desire
- Lack of arousal
What is Performance Anxiety?
Performance anxiety is defined as an abnormal fear of performing a particular activity. It can affect everyone, from the top sports stars to the kids in school. It has been reported that 40% of adults suffer from performance anxiety. Most often, men experience this condition. It affects older men most often than younger men. This condition is usually linked to a fear of failure and success. Performance anxiety is different from ED and is one of the major causes why men have difficulty in bed.
Causes of Performance anxiety:
There are two types of performance anxiety: physiological and emotional.
Erection-related physical symptoms include:
- Erection failure
- Frequent ejaculation
- Difficulties getting and maintaining an erection
- Difficulty concentrating
- Distress, fear, anger, shame, guilt, embarrassment, self-doubt
Treatment for ED and Performance Anxiety
Treatment for ED and Performance anxiety is possible and can be classified into two categories:
- Invasive treatments
Noninvasive treatments for ED are those that do not involve invasive procedures. Some of these noninvasive treatments are:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Erectile Dysfunction Compound Medication
- Male Hormone Therapy
Some noninvasive treatments for Performance therapy include:
Invasive Treatments For ED
Different surgeries are there to help people get rid of Erectile dysfunction. Be sure to talk to your doctor before choosing invasive ED treatment. Your doctor will advise you to get one only after examining your situation and not before that.
Since performance anxiety is a psychological factor, there is no invasive treatment.
Compounding medication is one of the safest ways to treat erectile dysfunction and other sexual disorders. There are many benefits of compounding medication for ED, which include:
- Customized dosages: The ability to tailor the dosage of a medication to the specific needs of a patient is one of the major advantages of compounding. Patients can get the exact amount of medication they need in the best form.
- Increased effectiveness: Because compounding medication can be customized to the individual patient, they are often more effective than traditional medications. It is because the patient gets what they need in the form that works best for them.
- Fewer side effects: Another advantage of compounding medication is that they often have fewer side effects than traditional medications. It is because the patient only gets the active ingredients they need in the best form for them.
- Access to hard-to-find medications: Compounding pharmacies can create custom medications that are not commercially available. It gives patients access to treatments that they otherwise would not have.
- Greater patient compliance: When patients can take a medication customized to their needs, they are more likely to follow the treatment plan. It leads to better outcomes and fewer complications.
Performance anxiety and erectile dysfunction (ED) are two different conditions that can cause similar symptoms. Knowing the difference between the two is important so you can get the correct treatment. You can always get in touch with a Compounding Pharmacy in Canada like Aurora compounding if your unique medical needs are unmet.
We hope this blog post helped you better understand performance anxiety and erectile dysfunction. We also hope it showed you how compounding could play a role in treatment. If you suffer from either of these conditions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to help you find the right treatment option for your individual needs.
Ask a Pharmacist
Not close to us? No problem! Have your doctor fax your prescription and we will ship your custom compound with free overnight shipping.